Thursday, January 21, 2016

Play Pretend with me, please?

So I recently pushed/challenged myself that honestly scared/intimidated me, which was to play a "pretend game," where you pretend to be somebody, or some character, some expression, or some emotion. Like for example "a mean, disruptive student," or a "strict teacher,"  or "Alice in wonderland,"  or  "apologetic," or "teasing,"  or whatever creative thing you can make up. So I had success, and I have been having a blast! The experience of myself is like I have this ability to creatively come up with any idea and then immediately play with it. Meaning there isn't a hesistation. Yet there is like a time/moment where I can see the idea and assess whether I actually want to follow through. For example, having an idea that everyone is camping in a tent, and I am a monster in the woods.

 What I find is that I am constantly assessing and playing with everyone else, as well as playing with myself and playing with my own expression, and playing with my own body/self. I am playing with ideas. So it means I actually try things out, and it is fun.

In order to push myself to play pretend I had to make the choice to push past the uncertainties, and honestly just go for it. Like really creatively play here, now. And I also had to push past any other troubles that may arise. Like insecurities for examples. Or if someone else's expression may lead me to feel a certain way, because how I have judged that expression in the past.

I find that the more creative, unexpected I become, the more fun it is. And it is not about winning a competition at all. It is about having fun. It is about your expression and how you are making it to be.

And the students have been supportive, especially the older ones, which may be because of their experience and understanding.... who knows? I haven't asked them why... And the younger ones joined in of course.

So pleaseeeeeee, play with me?

I decided to keep playing until I am absolutely sick of it, which so far it seems impossible...

No comments:

Post a Comment