Friday, January 8, 2016

Children leading the Adults

So I am a new staff here, and one thing I knew I haven't developed fully is leadership. Now, having been here since August, which means about 5 months, I can reflect and look back and saw how the students have actually assisted me to take on leadership qualities. Meaning, that the students had lived examples of leadership and authority, which I naturally took in and assimilated in myself. If you want a nice easy catch phrase you can say that they were teaching me how to be a leader. Which now I can say being a leader has a lot to do with being comfortable with yourself, and being comfortable with what you are saying and sharing with another. So leading requires a depth of calm in your being. Within that calmness, comes forth clarity, which translates into easy to understand communication. Many of the students at the school simply speak and share what they see, and for the most part it is clear, within confidence, and self-acceptance. They also are quite supportive and respectful towards those who lack such confidence, such as with me in some moments. I am not saying they are perfect, by no means, but they certainly has served as a supportive example many many times for me and how I can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment